Sunday, April 22, 2018

Help Choosing a Cushion Cut Diamond

Q: I've been looking at 8 faceted cushions (as opposed to 4) and narrowed it down to these three. I've looked at them so much that they look pretty much the same...
any opinions?? This will be on a white gold pave band. Each diamond is around 3.7k






A: That first one looks pretty amazing for an SI1. If that's correctly labeled then you have found yourself a nice stone. The grading report usually has a bit more information on the type of inclusions than can be made out from the photo. Did you get a chance to look at the lab reports?

Q: Yeah, I have the GIA reports. Once it points out the inclusion, I can't unsee it!
and here is the side and bottom views. I figure my girlfriend will never see it from the bottom, so those inclusions aren't that big of a deal.

A: Yep. But at least you know it's legit. Seems like you found a sweet deal. All the best.


email your questions to:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Diamond Ship, by Max Pemberton This eBook is for the use of anyone anywhere in the United States and most other parts of the world at no...